We design digital-first strategies, services and experiences that help our clients to accelerate service innovation and modernise their businesses.
- A minimum of 5+ years experience
- Full time 40 hours
- London (but open to other working arrangements)
- Role open now
The role at a glance
We are looking for an exceptional practitioner who specialises in design research to join our creative team. You will be responsible for helping organisations identify opportunities and supporting the experience design team to deliver compelling, evidence-based solutions.
You have a passion for understanding end-users as well as client organisations and thrive in complex environments. You believe that great customer experiences need to be useful and usable, but their success heavily depends on the back-stage elements that enable them.
You have a strong understanding of qualitative design research methodologies and feel comfortable championing the end-user in all phases of the problem-solving process.
You feel comfortable working as part of a multidisciplinary team and you have experience of working with and advising senior business leaders.
Our ideal candidate
- Is detailed, focussed and rigorous in their practice
- Has a natural curiosity and empathy for people
- Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for their own work
- Has a solid understanding of UX/ UI design and a keen interest in business design and digital innovation
Role and responsibilities
As a practitioner...
Stakeholder engagement: you feel comfortable working alongside stakeholders to identify knowledge gaps. You enjoy working with the client team to understand and articulate opportunity areas and challenge existing assumptions - enabling them to identify new digital solutions.
Continuous service improvement: you enjoy questioning how things work today and identifying further opportunities for service improvement for the end-users
Proposing, designing and facilitating appropriate research activities: you have extensive experience in designing and facilitating qualitative and user-centred research activities, including 1:1 interviews, stakeholder workshops, focus groups, co-design research sessions and usability testing
Can work independently to manage research activities: the ability to oversee broader research activities, e.g., developing recruitment briefs/screeners, finding and liaising with recruitment partners
Rapid synthesis: you can quickly gather data and prioritise insights from both primary and secondary research. You’re happiest when working at pace to support the continuous development of services and digital experiences
Great communication skills: you feel comfortable communicating findings with both colleagues and stakeholders in an engaging and meaningful way. Experience in writing user research reports and delivering presentations.
Project management skills: the ability to manage your own time effectively across both client and internal projects.
Support new business activities: you can identify new opportunities, support/lead pitches, and generate ideas and suggestions for prospective work.
What we offer
- A four-day working week (on full pay)
- A competitive salary - experience dependant
- 18 days holidays per year (not including public holidays), additional annual Christmas closure and a supportive maternity/paternity leave policy.
- Flexible working hours - agreed with each team member based on their needs - as we respect that people have commitments outside of their working lives.
- Corporate health insurance - each team member is enrolled following the successful completion of their probation period.
- Annual team-away day for us to come together as a company, taking time out to learn, reflect, eat snacks and drink wine.
- Quarterly away days where we come together to review the progress we are making towards our core strategy and take part in collaborative upskilling exercises for the whole team.
- A bike to work scheme
How to apply
This is a rolling recruitment campaign so please don’t wait to submit your application. We are sifting and interviewing candidates on a weekly basis.
Send your CV, cover letter and portfolio as pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Hire me: Insight specialist”.
In your cover letter, please tell us a little bit about yourself, why you want to work at Wilson Fletcher and what sort of design problems you’d be interested in tackling with us.
Due to the current Covid-19 epidemic, we anticipate that all interviews will be conducted remotely. We will offer interviews at times that suit you, so if you have children, caring duties, or other circumstances affecting your availability for an interview, we’re happy to offer convenient times outside of work hours.