We design digital-first strategies, services and experiences that help our clients to accelerate service innovation and modernise their businesses. We’re looking for a skilled researcher to join our team.
- A minimum of 5 years experience
- Full time 40 hours - (note: we operate a full-pay, 4 day week)
- Role open now
The role at a glance
We are looking for an exceptional practitioner who specialises in design research to join our team. You will be responsible for a broad range of research and insight activities, working alongside our strategists and designers, and our client teams.
At the heart of this role is a passion for understanding people, and uncovering unknown behaviours or unidentified opportunities. Our work is centred on business innovation, so whether transforming an entire company or developing a new service concept, it’s essential that we develop compelling insights to inform our work. A strong understanding of qualitative design research methodologies is essential and you’ll be comfortable conducting research with target customers, senior client stakeholders and a broad range of client team members.
WF is a multidisciplinary team of specialists and you’ll be comfortable working closely with colleagues across strategy and design disciplines, and you’ll have experience of working with and advising senior business leaders.
Our ideal candidate
- Is detailed, focussed and rigorous in their practice
- Has a natural curiosity and empathy for people
- Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for their own work
- Has a solid understanding of UX/ UI design and a keen interest in business design and digital innovation
Role and responsibilities
As a practitioner...
Stakeholder engagement: you feel comfortable working alongside stakeholders to identify knowledge gaps. You enjoy working with the client team to understand and articulate opportunity areas and challenge existing assumptions - enabling them to identify new digital solutions.
Continuous service improvement: you enjoy questioning how things work today and identifying further opportunities for service improvement for the end-users
Proposing, designing and facilitating appropriate research activities: you have extensive experience in designing and facilitating qualitative and user-centred research activities, including 1:1 interviews, stakeholder workshops, focus groups, co-design research sessions and usability testing
Can work independently to manage research activities: the ability to oversee broader research activities, e.g., developing recruitment briefs/screeners, finding and liaising with recruitment partners
Rapid synthesis: you can quickly gather data and prioritise insights from both primary and secondary research. You’re happiest when working at pace to support the continuous development of services and digital experiences
Great communication skills: you feel comfortable communicating findings with both colleagues and stakeholders in an engaging and meaningful way. You’ll be an articulate presenter and be capable of writing research outputs and delivering presentations to the highest standards.
Project management skills: the ability to manage your own time effectively across both client and internal projects.
Support new business activities: you can identify new opportunities, support/lead pitches, and generate ideas and suggestions for prospective work.
What we offer
- A four-day working week (full pay for five days)
- A competitive salary - experience dependant
- 18 days holidays per year (not including public holidays), additional annual Christmas closure and a supportive maternity/paternity leave policy. Combined with our 4dw model, each team member benefits from approximately 65 non-working days each year..
- A hybrid working model - typically two days per week in the studio, plus two days from home, flexible by project and workload
- Private health insurance - each team member is enrolled following the successful completion of their probation period.
- Annual team away-day for us to come together as a company, taking time out to learn, reflect, eat snacks and drink wine.
- Quarterly company days where we come together to review the progress we are making towards our core strategy and take part in collaborative upskilling exercises for the whole team.
- Personal development support to ensure each employee’s ongoing professional development
- A bike to work scheme
How to apply
This is a rolling recruitment campaign so please don’t wait to submit your application. We are sifting and interviewing candidates on a weekly basis.
Send your CV, cover letter and portfolio as pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Hire me: Senior design researcher”.
In your cover letter, please tell us a little bit about yourself, why you want to work at Wilson Fletcher and what sort of design problems you’d be interested in tackling with us.
Due to the current Covid-19 epidemic, we anticipate that all interviews will be conducted remotely. We will offer interviews at times that suit you, so if you have children, caring duties, or other circumstances affecting your availability for an interview, we’re happy to offer convenient times outside of work hours.